The editor uses wxStyledTextCtrl of wxWidgets which itself is based on the Scintilla library.
The base features are outlined in the wxGuide guidelines, the important ones are:
- Multiple tabbed notebook and/or multiple top level windows
- Navigation possible through menu, combobox and/or keyboard
- Standard menus with standard shortcuts
- Dialogs which disappears when not needed anymore
- International language support
- Context sensitive help support for any help books (.htb)
The editing features are defined through the use of Scintilla and therefore its features. The important ones are about:
- very fast editing
- unlimited undo/redo
- language coloring (i.e. C++, HTML, Perl, Python)
- language specific folding (ditto above)
- easy and comfortable search and replace facility
Excuse me, this site requires a frame-aware browser, such as Mozilla or Internet Explorer. However, you can access most of the information via the toolbar.